AJ and Nate connect with 31 year old Finnish snowboarder Antti Autti over Skype as he’s preparing to head to New Zealand for some backcountry shredding. Antti has been one of the main riders pushing superpipe progression over the past decade. He’s won tons of contests over the years including the X-games. He also represented Finland in the 2006 Olympics where he very controversially ended up in fifth place after a nearly flawless run. We get into Antti’s thoughts on surfing and skateboardings recent admission into the 2020 olympics as well as his transition from competitive snowboarding to the backcountry.
This episode is brought to you by Let It Block Sunscreen Let It Block is a mineral based paraben free sunscreen that both Nate and AJ use and 100% back. Nate recommends Goth Block for anyone that wants to protect their tattoos from the sun! Use discount code “TNSP” for 40% off of two packages sunscreen or more (valid through the end of 2016).
- Packing to head to New Zealand for a month in the backcountry
- Pow Surfing
- Skateboarding and Surfing in the Olympics
- Mixed feelings on snowboarding in the Olympics
- Heikki Sorsa’s mohawk
- Stale Sandbech
- The International Roller Sports Federation
- Seven Springs Half-Pipe better than the Olympic pipe.
- Both the US Open Laax Open having better set-ups than the Olympics
- World Surf League
- Mick Fanning and the J-Bay Open
- Anttie’s World Cup
- Banked Slalom
- Transitioning from competitions to the backcountry
- Blog posts:
- I am not gifted & Turning.
- Statements video series
- Backstory to a line next to the tallest mountain in Sweden
- Skateboarding in Finland
- Nest Oil Company partnership
- Listener questions:
- Mike Happy Bauer
- Uncle Rufus
- Antti’s nicknames
- Polar Bears
- Advice for Antti’s younger self
- Thoughts on the weather
Want to help the podcast grow? Just click the banner ad below before shopping on Amazon and the podcast will receive a small commission from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks in advance -Nate