Aj and I chat with David Zemens from the snowboarding blog Agnarchy.com. David describes the blog as original commentary & opinion on snowsports industry trends and news, and unbiased reviews of the newest gear without overwhelming you with every single press release and recycled web edit.
For me – even though this was the first time we’ve ever spoken to each other, chatting with David was like reconnecting with an old friend. We’re even planning to get together and shred together this winter.
We cover the following topics and much – much more:
- Pitcrew 20 year anniversary.
- Handwritten notes from the lead singer of Old Indian (best band ever).
- Skateboarding in stripclubs.
- Aj and David’s mutual friends.
- Nate offends the entire south eastern snowboard scene by calling them rednecks.
- How and why David started agnarchy.com.
- Balancing work, blogging, riding and mountain biking.
- How politics correlate with team sports.
- Stripers using Bitcoin and AJ making it virtually rain in the club.
- We dig deep into currency theory and economics. We come away with the realization that you can’t eat money and when the zombie apocalypse comes – the real currencies will be denim tobacco, whiskey, food and water.
- No friends on a powder day/ lost at Vail.
- Bucket list snowboarding trips.
- David’s favorite boards…. Spoiler alert: Mahar Throwback
- Shout out to People Skate and Snowboards shop.
- Monetization of the blog.
- Shop Demo days and board reviews.
- Planning a trip to Seven Springs and/or the Upper Peninsula.
- Reach David at www.Agnarchy.com | https://www.facebook.com/agnarchy | http://instagram.com/agnarchy | https://twitter.com/agnarchy |