Nate and AJ traveled to Long Beach (well – AJ moved there) to record this episode with Jason in person.
This is episode was full of podcast firsts. This was the first podcast where all guests we’re live in one location. We did a Facebook Live broadcast – until the phone battery died. And, this was, by far the longest podcast that we’ve ever recorded.
I considered breaking this episode up into two parts, but I could not find a good spot to make the break – the conversation is just too intertwined in my opinion. Please let us know your thoughts on the length of the episode – I know that Jason prefers listening to long-long form discussions, as do I.
We touch on the the following and much more:
- Snowboarding & Skateboarding Nerdism
- People in the hallway
- Long Beach Agenda Trade Show
- Austin Sports and Music Festival
- Meeting your heroes
- Craigslist casual encounters
- Fallen Shoes and Jamie Thomas
- Useless Wooden Toys
- Anchorage Skatepark
- Jessie Burtner
- Mack Dawg
- Blue & Gold AK
- Fights as a kid
- Baseball and growing up in California
- Summer in Hawaii
- First snowboard
- Limiting beliefs
- Dick Dragers Instagram
- Scootering is cool – drugs are bad
- Game of Thrones
- Pushing Mongo
- Jay and Scott Liska
- Gaining sponsorships and starting a career in snowboarding.
- College or snowboarding?
- Moving to Lake Tahoe and living in a mobile home with four or five other guys.
- Mobile home fire by aroma therapy.
- NOT going to strip clubs.
- Thinking about becoming a parent.
- Straight Edging.
- Nate comes out of the closet to AJ and also tells him about falling off the wagon.
- Hate Edge.
- AJ’s Craigslist missed connections.
- Bacteria brain connection
- The Borgariel
- Transitioning from snowboarding to poker.
- Nice Gordon
- The Big Blind
- Gunshots in the background
- Wu-Tang financial
- Running a marathon as a bet at 39 (Blog post insert)
- Advice to Jason’s 18 year old self
- Catching a heel edge on a culvert, breaking ribs and puncturing a lung
- Best wife ever
- Blood clots board graphic
Quotes from this episode:
Want to help the podcast grow? Just click the banner ad below before shopping on Amazon and the podcast will receive a small commission from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks in advance -Nate