Aj sits down with Lane and Mini (the dog – see pic below) at Boreal for a chat about the following:
- A day in the life and Lane’s role as a snow surfaces specialist
- Split-Ski-boarding and splitboarding solo.
- The Mammoth, Grenade and Kingvale days.
- Nate’s buddy Joe Wallace – Joey’s garage sessions & Todd Falcon.
- The Dang Shades Oakley Lawsuit
- Making boards at Smokin and swapping bindings with AJ.
- Becoming an ordained minister and marrying his friends.
- Lane’s wedding night dinner at Del Taco.
- Japans 7-11’s and warm canned coffee machines.
- People of Boreal Instagram account
- Lanes 8th grade graduation at Manchester Elementary and Middle School.
- Lane’s Motorcycle Gang the Death Diggers.
- Snowboarding psychology with Danny Kass and Rodney Mullen.
- Urban splitboarding
Some of my favorite quotes:
“If I ever have it (splitboard) on the mountain I have it split in ski mode – for shits and giggles.”
“There’s a million things that can go wrong while you’re out there…. I’ve just always enjoyed snowboarding by myself.”
“Snowboarding’s been my life since I was a child… it’s something I will do as long as my body will let me.”
“I’ve listened to Brooke’s (podcast episode) quite a few times… that chick is amazing…. I love what she does with Yobeat”
“That place is the shit (Kingvale), Rest in Peace.”
“I’d just go put my VX on a tripod and hit record and film until I’d run out of tape.”
“If you eat shit and no one is there to see it, you didn’t eat shit.”
“When you’re doing things on your own it’s because you love it.”
“That’s one of the best things about Smokin – Jay’s a diehard snowboarder.”
“If you’re not that much of a religious person having a random stranger marry you is weird.”
“After about five minutes of surfing the web and 10 minutes of figuring out how to pay for it – I was ordained”
“I went through the whole ceremony and married them without actually asking them if “they do”…. I was so embarrassed until the entire crowd started laughing.”
“I ate 7-11 twice a day there (Japan) and I ate better food that if I ate at Trader Joe’s here.”
“Hopefully my dad doesn’t hear this… We were about as smooth as sandpaper… we got busted for drinking vodka.”
“Crotch rockets are so much fun, but they are just a deathwish”
“I saw too many Juvenile videos on MTV and wanted a street bike.”
“We got our own motorcycle club out here… The Death Diggers.”
“Never worry about am I going to get hurt… Rodney Mullen breaks everything down to the most simplistic plan of events.. your brain can’t tell the difference between visualizing and doing.”
“Danny Kass would say think of the worse case scenario and try to think of a way out of it before it happens.”
“It’s something that I fucking love so if i hrt myself doing it fuck it, I hurt myself doing it.”
“Bring your splitboard to a rail in the park.. Hit it, Split-it…”
Want to help the podcast grow? Just click the banner ad below before shopping on Amazon and the podcast will receive a small commission from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks in advance -Nate