In this this episode Nate connects with longtime internet friend and prolific snowboard blogger, Daniel Burritosandsnow Cochrane.
Daniel describes himself as a child of the 80’s punk-rock/skate-rat scene via Montgomery, Alabama. Daniel moved to Salt Lake City in 1996 and immediately fell in love with snowboarding. he weards many hats in addition to running burritosandsnow.net – We touch on his passion for music, marketing, vegetables and yoga. It was particularly fun for me to be able to compare notes on his experience as growing up as a skateboarder in Alabama vs my childhood in northern montana.
Here are some of my favoite quotes from the chat with Daniel:
“If I had to pick between music and snowboarding… I’d pick music hands down.”
“As soon as my back stops hurting I’ll get into yoga – if you get into yoga your back will stop hurting”
“Marketing is the bartending of degrees”
“The smallest of decisions can affect your life in the craziest ways.”
“My 18 year old self would beat my ass.”
Other topics we cover:
- Growing up as vegetarian skateboarder in Alabama
- How society views food
- Escaping Alabama – “No one move to Salt Lake for two years”
- Learning to Snowboard at 25
- Nate goes to a New Kids on the Block concert
- Daniel explains to Nate how Spotify works – I’ve since downloaded the app and begun to use it.
- Pitcrew – Back in Montana Drinking game
- Discussing how to succeed at snowboarding retail
- Thrift Store shopping for size 44 pants
- Skateboarding is not like riding a bike.
- Riding with music – and formulating the playlists.
- Plus in Walton beach Florida
- How yoga is like skateboarding
- Where church, yoga skateboarding all come together.
- The power of Thrasher Mag!
- Springbreak in “Panama City” vs. SLAYER
- Marketing as a career path
- Social Media Marketing
- Burritosandsnow.com vs. burritosandsnow.net – International domain squatters (DICKHEADS)
- Nate gives away a web URL: www.skiingsucks.com
- Shaun Farmer takes us out
Want to help the podcast grow? Just click the banner ad below before shopping on Amazon and the podcast will receive a small commission from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks in advance -Nate